L3 Link is the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) of the U.S. Army’s Aviation Combined Arms Tactical Trainer (AVCATT). AVCATT provides a realistic, high-intensity virtual combat training environment for helicopter pilots, crews and teams.
Designed to support the full mission spectrum of attack, reconnaissance, utility and cargo helicopter operations, these transportable training devices can be networked to the Army’s other Combined Arms Tactical Trainer (CATT) programs for full interoperability. The devices also can be used in the stand-alone mode through computer-generated forces and role player stations to produce a highly realistic training environment.
The AVCATT Solution:
- Affordably supports proficiency at the individual through brigade unit levels, including individual aviation company, task force or other warfighting unit, coordinated with higher-level staff training
- Simulates any combination and model of AH-64 Apache, UH-60 Black Hawk, UH-72A Lakota, CH-47 Chinook and OH-58D Kiowa Warrior Army platforms, utilizing the latest in reconfigurable simulator technology
- Creates a highly realistic virtual High-Fidelity HD environment, simulating both friendly and opposing forces in a variety of battlefield conditions with wide field-of-view out-the-window views
- Provides full mission rehearsal capabilities for land, sea or air deployments with rapid terrain database generation, anywhere/anytime installation, open database format for Synthetic Environment Data Representation and Interchange Specification (SEDRIS) compatibility, and highly interactive friendly and opposing force simulation
- Includes an after-action review feature with mission playback capability that can be used to evaluate individual and collective actions and overall operational effectiveness
- Is designed for low life-cycle cost, with ease of maintenance and expandability/future technology insertion via use of commercial off-the-shelf equipment, common designs across platforms and open systems/database formats